This site is intended for use by residents of Singapore only.
We reserve the right to change this Policy without prior notice. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by referring to the “Last Updated” legend at the top of this page. Any changes to our Policy will become effective upon our posting of the revised Policy on the Site. Use of the Site following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy then in effect.
What Types of Information Does Eisai Singapore Collect?
Eisai Singapore gathers three basic types of information: “Personally Identifiable Information” (or “PII”), “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” (or “Non-PII”) and “IP Addresses”. Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies you as an individual, whether on its own or together with other information to which we have or are likely to have access, such as your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, financial account number, etc. Non-Personally Identifiable Information is aggregated information, demographic information and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity, whether on its own or together with other information to which we have or are likely to have access. An IP Address is the Internet Protocol address of the computer that you use to access the Site, and may be either PII or Non-PII.
- Personally Identifiable Information. You may explore the Site without providing us with PII, but in order for you to use and benefit from certain features of the Site (such as to request information or to contact us through the Site), we will need to collect certain of your PII. We may also collect PII from you if you participate in our surveys or research, and we may collect similar information from third parties if you have consented to them providing such information to us or it is otherwise permitted by applicable law.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may collect Non-PII that you submit or that we receive (such as aggregated demographic information, including age or gender, and information on your interests and professional activities) from our customers and from third parties. Eisai Singapore and third parties with whom Eisai Singapore has contracted to provide services to Eisai Singapore also may collect Non-PII from you through browser navigational tools; cookies; pixel tags and other similar technologies. Our use of these technologies are detailed below. While we generally use such technologies to collect only Non-PII from you, we note that these technologies may collect both PII and Non-PII. Where the information collected from you using such technologies constitutes PII, we will treat it as PII in accordance with this Policy.
- Browser Navigational Tools. We and our service providers may use certain technology data, such as your computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, Operating System (“OS”) version, Internet browser, and Internet browser version. This type of Non-PII is collected by most browsers, and can be used to optimize your experience on the Site.
- Cookies. We and our service providers may use “cookies” on the Site. A cookie is a bit of information that a Website sends to your Web browser that helps the site remember information about you and your preferences. There are two principle types of cookies:
“Session” cookies are temporary bits of information that are used to improve Website navigation, block Website visitors from providing information where inappropriate and to collect aggregate statistical information on a Website. These cookies are erased once you exit your Web browser or otherwise turn off your computer. “Persistent” cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer so that we can, for example, retrieve information you have previously provided (such as passwords); better determine what areas of the Site you find most valuable; and customize the Site based on your preferences on an ongoing basis. You can set your browser to accept all cookies, to reject all cookies, or to notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept it. To learn more about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
- Pixel Tags. We and our service providers may also use so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar technologies (collectively, “Pixel Tags”) in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things: track the online activity of Site users and email recipients (including activity on other Websites); determine the success of marketing campaigns; and compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates.
- Other Sources. Eisai Singapore also may collect Non-PII (such as indications of your interests, your geographic location, and other demographic Non-PII) that you or others provide, and we also may aggregate PII in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other individual and so is Non-PII. For example, we might aggregate PII to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code, or to better understand certain medical usage patterns. Such aggregate information is considered Non-PII for purposes of this Policy.
- IP Addresses. Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (“ISP”). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever users visit the Site, along with the time(s) of such visit(s) and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many Websites.
You represent and warrant that you have the right and authority and have obtained all necessary consents to provide any information, including PII of another individual, that you provide to us.
How Does Eisai Singapore Use Information Collected Through the Site?
- Personally Identifiable Information. We may use PII about you for any or all of the following purposes:
- Fulfillment of Requests. We may use PII about you to fulfill your requests, such as to send you information, fulfill a purchase order, or set up and conduct interviews.
- Administrative Communications. We may use your PII to send you important information, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important, you may not opt out of receiving such communications.
- Other Communications. Where you have consented to it, we may use your PII to inform you of products, programs, services and surveys that we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving such communications, as described in the Section 4 (“Choices”) below.
- Research. We may use the information we collect to conduct surveys, to identify and recruit individuals to participate in our research programs, to interview individuals relating to our research, to create directories and compile databases of contact information, and to provide payment to individuals who receive honoraria.
- Careers. If you apply for employment with Eisai Singapore, any PII about you which is obtained by us during the application process may be used and retained by us for purposes of considering your application for employment, as well as for more general management and research purposes.
- Internal Business Purposes. We may also use PII about you for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- Other Purposes Permitted by Law. We may use PII about you for other purposes permitted by law, including purposes for which our use without your consent is permitted.
- Other Purposes to which You Consent. We may seek and obtain consent from you through means other than this Policy.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. As noted above, we and our service providers may use tracking technologies, such as cookies and Pixel Tags, to improve the usefulness and value to you of our site, as well as to gauge the success of marketing initiatives and to improve our marketing campaigns, by tracking your online visits to our Site and other Websites not operated by us. For example, we may use such technologies to remind you of Eisai Singapore products when you are browsing another Website or may collect aggregate information about other Websites you have browsed. We reserve the right to use Non-PII for any other purpose as well. For example, we may use aggregated health information to publish reports on particular topics. In some instances, we may combine Non-PII with PII (such as embedding email addresses in cookies). If we do combine any Non-PII with PII, the combined information will be treated by us as PII for so long as it is so combined.
- IP Addresses. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, ensuring appropriate access rights by authorized users, facilitating Site security, and administering the Site. We treat IP Addresses, server log files and related information as Non-PII, except where otherwise required under applicable law.
With Whom Do We Share Personally Identifiable Information (PII)?
- Affiliated Entities. We may share PII with our affiliated companies, including Eisai Co. Ltd., which is our Japanese parent company, and with any other companies within the Eisai group of companies. Such disclosures will be only for the purposes described in the previous section.
- Commercial Partners and Third Party Service Providers. We may share PII with unaffiliated third parties who partner with us on our commercial activities or who provide us with services, such as data analysis, conduct surveys, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing and other similar services. For example, if you choose to make a purchase through the Site, we may share your payment information or other PII with our third party service providers to fulfill your purchase by processing your payment with a credit or debit card and shipping products to you. We grant our service providers access to PII only to the extent needed for them to perform their functions, and require them to protect the confidentiality and security of such PII. Depending on the choices you have made, these third parties may contact you regarding Eisai-related products, programs, services and promotions that may be of interest to you. However, we do not sell, rent or otherwise share your PII with any unaffiliated third parties for their own use or marketing purposes.
- Business Transfers or Assignments. In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may transfer any and all information that we collect from Site users or offline to a third party.
- Law Enforcement; Emergencies; Compliance. We may disclose PII about you to others as we believe to be appropriate: (i) under applicable law including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (iv) to enforce our terms and conditions; (v) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliated companies; (vi) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Eisai Singapore, our affiliated companies, you or others; and (vii) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. We have no obligation to notify you of such disclosures, except as required by applicable law.
- Other Third Parties as Permitted by Law. We may disclose PII about you to other third parties or for other purposes as permitted by law, including for purposes for which our disclosure without your consent is permitted.
- We may seek and obtain consent from you to the disclosure of your PII through means other than this Policy.
Choices. If you no longer wish to receive promotional emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving such emails by following the “unsubscribe” directions on the e-mails or by changing your preference settings on any page on the Site where you requested to receive such communications. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out as described above, we may not be able to remove PII about you from the databases of those third parties with which we have already shared PII about you as of the date that we implement your opt-out request. If you wish to cease receiving promotional emails from such third parties, please contact them directly or utilize any opt-out mechanisms set forth in their respective privacy policies or email communications.
Other Aspects of Our Privacy Practices.
- Security. We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to help protect against the unauthorised access, collection, disclosure, copying, disposal, loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please do not send us information you consider confidential via e-mail or this Site. It is your personal responsibility to secure your own copies of your passwords and related access codes for our online resources.
- Data Integrity and Retention. We will retain PII about you for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy or Eisai Singapore’s data retention policies or other legal or business purposes, unless a longer retention period is required by law.
- Access and Correction. We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the PII we hold about you is accurate and complete. Upon your request, and subject to certain exceptions under applicable law, we will give you access to such PII and information about the ways in which we may have used or disclosed your PII in the past year. In addition, if you believe any PII that we hold about you contains errors or omissions, you may write to us using the contact information provided below, and we will make the necessary corrections unless we reasonably believe no correction should be made. We may charge a reasonable fee for processing access and correction requests.
- Withdrawal of Consent. You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your PII for any purpose at any time by contacting us using the contact information provided below. If you withdraw your consent, you acknowledge that we may not be able to provide or continue providing you with certain services or information for which we require such PII in order to provide.
- Use of the Site by Children: The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect PII from any children under age 13. If you are under age 13, please do not submit any PII to us.
Eisai (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
Address: 152 Beach Road, #15-07/08 Gateway East, Singapore 189721